As I was bemoaning the fact that I tried to buy Arctic Entries After Dark tickets two minutes after they went on sale and they were ALREADY sold out, I started making a mental list of the hottest tickets in town.
These aren’t just ordinary tickets; these are the tickets that disappear moments after becoming available, the tickets that you have to stalk and circle and lurk in the shadows like they’re the prey and you’re the predator, and in the end it all comes down to the speed of your internet connection and quickness of your mouse action.
Without further ado, my list of the hottest tickets in town:
- Arctic Entries (ANY Arctic Entries, not just the After Dark event)
- The Ski Train (pictured above, courtesy of my friend Katie…notice I’m not in the photo: that’s because I have never, ever secured tickets)
- Alaska Women’s Gold Nugget Triathlon (I’ve made it in before but it’s not easy!)
- Booths at the Bear Tooth Theaterpub (not always, but most of the time)
- Public use cabins in the summer (especially Resurrection Pass)
- Object Runway (the worst is, I don’t think they’re even doing it this year – I might have missed out on the coolest clash of art and fashion FOREVER)
- That locavore dinner at the ruby house (I don’t even know what to call this event…all I can say is it sold out super fast and then had a waiting list…and I STILL didn’t get to go)
- Any big time national performer (see: Kevin Hart)*
I’m sure I’m missing some… which tickets do you always miss out on?
*My husband scored tickets to Toby Keith. Hooray!!! Wheat fields and cowboy boots baby!