Thank You, APU:
- For investing in a kick ass ski team (home to Olympians and the USSA Coach of the Year!)
- For lowering tuition costs (a drop of 34%!) when it seems like everyone else in the country is increasing costs
- For throwing a super-cool gala and inviting aerial dancers to do their thing in a hangar on Kulis (photo above)
- For offering small class sizes (big fan of this – I experienced both during college: 200+ class during my study abroad in Australia v. a ten person class at Whitman; for me, the depth of learning was far superior in smaller classes)
- For programs like the 100 mile club to keep your community fit
- For supporting Alaska’s entrepreneurs (did you know we were just ranked #4 in CNN Money’s 10 most entrepreneurial states line-up? )
And, congratulations on more than 50 years in Alaska!