Fun things to do on Valentine’s Day in Anchorage:
- Ski4Lunch, 11:30 am – 2:00 pm hosted by NANA Nordic and the APU Ski Team: a short loop on the park strip will be groomed, and CRS Fischer skis will be available to demo. Then go grab a tasty meal with your sweetheart!
- “Raven Returns: the Story of the Human Beings“: enjoy a play at Out North, beginning at 8:00 pm. The play is described as covering “the entire history of the Yup’ik culture, from the Creation Legends, through historical facts, to today, and even a little ways into the future…”
- Mindfulness Meditation: if Valentine’s day stresses you out, visit Snow Buddha Yoga for relaxation, balance, and quiet at 8:00 pm.
- Prix Fixe Menu: hit up one of Anchorage’s many great restaurants and try out a multi-course meal. You can taste rye crusted frog legs at Kinley’s or broiled elk rib at the Muse.
- Snow Graffiti: go find every one of Alaska Heart Institute’s spray painted valentines in support of heart month.
- Champaign and Oysters: at the Bubbly Mermaid, of course!
- GO Game Night: I don’t really know what this is, but it could be a fun, free date night! Title Wave’s in-house GO club meets every Thursday and Saturday from 6:00 -8:00 pm.
- Hit up Second Run’s 9th Anniversary Sale: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm, 25 percent off clothing and shoes, 15-25 percent off home decor, and buy one get one 1/2 off Houghton Hill jewelry, complete with wine and treats!
What else is going on for V-day?